Here you will find information about the recognition the school has received including the highest level of the Inclusion Quality Mark, the Artsmark Gold award and the R.E. Quality Mark Gold award.
Inclusion Quality Mark
We hold the Inclusion Quality Mark at Level 5 (the highest possible). This recognises our work with pupils who have additional needs as well as our commitment to creating and sustaining an inclusive learning environment for all our pupils.
We are proud to hold ArtsMark Gold.
Artsmark aims to:
- encourage schools to increase the range, quantity and type of arts that are provided to children
- raise the profile of arts education
- encourages, promotes and spreads good practice in providing arts education
- encourages schools to evaluate how their arts curriculum is delivered
- encourages schools, artists and arts organisations to work together
- encourages continuing professional development for teachers
R.E. Quality Mark
We are delighted to have been awarded the Gold R.E. Quality Mark. The inspectors provided the following summary of our R.E. provision within school:
There is a profound and sustained commitment to RE and this is embedded throughout the school. Pupils are encouraged to ask and to think about ‘big’ questions, supporting the development of their own ideas, beliefs and values. RE strengthens pupils’ literacy and makes a deep contribution to SMSC development.
The subject is very well led with a clear planning framework at all levels. Pupils make very good progress in RE, matching the achievements they make in other subject areas. They are able to express their views and to learn in a variety of different ways. The school is committed to implementing the new local syllabus and gives time, commitment and resources to delivering a broad and balanced RE curriculum in all year groups.
RE is enriched by very good relationships between the parish and the school and also by the use of visitors and visits. Pupils value the opportunity to engage with different religions and communities as well as their local church and would value this being developed still further. The opinions and talents of the whole school community and wider stakeholders are engaged and there is enthusiastic support from parents.
The school makes extensive and valued contributions to RE beyond Christ Church, contributing to local schools, the diocese and the local authority.
We are pleased to report that we achieved Activemark again in 2008 (there was no award in 2009).
It is awarded for high Quality PE within school together with developing opportunities and activities in Curriculum and Extra-Curricular time.
To achieve Activemark we:
- Increased the percentage of pupils participating in at least two hours high quality PE and school sport.
- We hold an annual sports day, compete in a variety of sporting events and offer a number of sporting opportunities.
- Pupils and staff are aware of the ten quality standards of PE.
- Complete the ‘PESS’ survey annually and analyse the results.
- Have Play leaders
- To keep this award we need to maintain these high standards and continue to develop PE in the school.
We were delighted to have achieved full Healthy School status. The school encourages healthy eating and a water bottle is supplied for every child. A focus on a healthy lifestyle permeates all aspects of our school.
The Government in England wants every school to be a sustainable school by 2020. The Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) launched their Sustainable Schools Framework in 2006 when the Secretary of State for Education, the Rt Hon Alan Johnson MP set out challenging long-term aspirations for schools to mainstream learning about sustainable development issues and sustainable practices into everyday school life.
Eco-Schools is an international award programme that guides schools on their sustainable journey, providing a framework to help embed these principles into the heart of school life.
We have a council, elected by the pupils, to focus on energy, re-cycling and making our school more sustainable. We currently hold the Silver Award.